Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 

April 21 responses


re: one earth and one me - I basically agree with your musings today. We are certainly becoming more concerned with the fate of the planet, and hence our own. However, in the brief research I have done, I'm impressed with the climatic cycles that the earth has undergone in its history, ranging from Ice Ages lasting many millennia to warm periods lasting an equal amount of time with no ice anywhere on the planet. What caused these cycles? The thinking is that it had to do with changes in Earth's orbit, declination and precession, and solar radiation, but no one is sure. I am heartened however by an article on environment in the latest Macleans, showing many instances of evolving technology for harnessing sun, wind and garbage. Human ingenuity and the will to survive may yet prevail, EG, Calgary.
...
re: I hardly ever buy tuna - Hi Mark, PS is not only a Chinese but a mixed between Thai & Chinese, hold the Swiss passport, lives and works in CH more than half of her life now. Have a great day all my best wishes. PS, China
...

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to mark@markmusing.com
©2008 MaxComm Communications

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?