Monday, March 17, 2008

 

value is what you have - Monday Mar. 17, 2008

today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: 1C/34F, charcoal colored tree silhouettes against a pale yellow/blue sky emerged from twilight as we walked to the soccer field and back; two frisky pups were out walking their owners, Gusta somewhat contrite following yesterday’s leash breaking – pace quickened as my ankle seemed able to handle it, as I needed it to be

“For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way. Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.”- Irish blessing

good luck, good management and good times ought to go together I suppose, but so often that is not the case - I’ve had times of plenty and plenty of the opposite . . this day, when the Irish are supposed to be lucky, what’s for the rest of us?

a couple of things happened last week that could, I suppose, be attributed to luck or coincidence – or maybe they were just situations where preparation wanted to meet up with opportunity; I used to think having was more important than giving, that having would make me feel better, that showing what I have would bring what I wanted rushing to my door – spending when I had it and investing in myself showed mixed results, investing in others fared no better – I am at a point in my life where having, getting and proving anything holds only a fraction of the value I perceived at 30

to everyone, both Irish and those who wish they were, may you have a very lucky day, may looking forward be better for you than looking back or wanting to, and the value of you shine through in everything you choose to do

value is what you have left when the worth is spent, it is what remains standing when all other means of support are gone – it is the measure of us, the only measure that really counts

Mark Kolke
339,424
198.4

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2008 MaxComm Communications

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?