Monday, March 24, 2008

 

get ready - Mark’s Musing Monday Mar. 24, 2008



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: -3C/24F, low overcast, a damp snowy blanket stopped short of being offensive – a push back – nature reminds me summer is still three months away; we walked the alleys to find traction, Gusta turning up a little gravel doing wind sprints

Get Ready – is more than a song title (Temptations did it, Rare Earth did it better)- but that beat plays in my head when I think about it; I like the building tempo or is that tempo building?

I’ve spent my entire life hurrying – rushing – just to get to today, getting ready for today, prepared for today – so I think I can handle anything today might bring - all I can do is to be prepared to be unprepared; being ready to be sharp is not the same as being sharp – it is more like being an intellectual Maytag man . . sitting around, waiting to be ready with a solution if the phone rings; I try to use something I’ve learned (and taught) in my Toastmasters life with respect to impromptu speaking – that of being ready to react to something I’m not expecting

Monday morning is the beginning for some, the end for some; like the ambience in a room before a special dinner, before an occasion, is very similar – mood has direct impact on outcome, on whether or not desired results are achieved

a week is like that – the beginning of a good day deserves a good breakfast and the beginning of a good day/week deserves an inspired beginning; I can’t recall the last time a work day did not provide a ringing phone with a stranger on the other end of the line asking me if I could help with something I’d not done before or presenting a new problem

you can’t prepare for that – just be ready to enjoy it when it happens – the choice to be ready or not automatic; it is a conscious awareness, a preparedness, anticipating whatever might come (hopefully with a broad grin), so get ready

Mark Kolke
339,256
199.0

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2008 MaxComm Communications

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?