Monday, February 18, 2008

 

listening - Monday Feb. 18, 2008


today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: -5C/23F, brilliant sunshine, birds singing – like a morning walk somewhere warm and grassy except for the ice and the cold – Gusta rolling on the ice in the yard; I’m not sure if she has an itchy back or is practicing some pre-spring ritual

the answers, if I trust the song, ‘are blowin’ in the wind’; I’ll keep my ears open (and my mind) as I seek answers

figuring anything out - pursuing dreams, achieving ambitions, planning the path – seems so difficult sometimes; taking steps, tiny/grand, generates little excitement for anyone else; it matters only to the person taking the step and, to a lesser degree, by those affected by it

life breaks into so many easy to understand pieces, it seems strange to have trouble sorting it out – wake/sleep, birth/life/death, man/woman, eat/fast, work/play/rest, think/not, feel/not, try/not - simple really - but often it seems much tougher than that

my successes and pratfalls make a lengthy list that matter only to me; my future too, things I want to do, how I want to do them, when/where/how they happen matters to me; I wrestle with whether they need to matter to anyone else, how they fit/not

then again, maybe the things that matter to me don’t matter so much at all

depending on vantage point and culture, my life is completed, it would seem – children on their own, doing well at life – I’ve lived a good life, an interesting life, lots of great people in it; if I croaked tomorrow I’ve lived a good one, done lots, nothing for the history books but I’ve done a lot of things I feel proud about, things that have given me a sense of fulfillment – I could go now, no one would say, ‘hey, he didn’t pull his weight’ or ‘he’s got unfinished business’

but, my life is not complete – regardless of when my ‘best before’ date might really be, I have dreams to live, mountains to climb, trouble to cause, new ‘unfinished business’ to start. . . and wind to listen to

Mark Kolke
339,196
199.4

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2008 MaxComm Communications

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?