Tuesday, February 12, 2008

 

February 12 Comments - re: back to the top


I enjoy reading your musing each morning…it usually takes me to a place and time containing my own thoughts of life and love. Live long and prosper…….PB, Port Charlotte, Florida
...
Good Morning! Thanks for the words, I needed this. By the by, Thanks ever much for the Tennis, I really enjoyed it, even if the Mexican’s didn’t win. I didn’t have time the rest of the weekend to check. Your gal is lovely! , kk, Calgary
...
Took a look at musings today. It has been awhile and coincidently the article about life's purpose and the one earlier in the month about the loss of a child were both appropriate for me right now. I spent the first week and a half of the year on a wonderful vacation but came home to the news that my brother had, the day before on January 11th, decided to end his life. He didn't leave a note and no one who knew him can believe that he would have even considered doing such a thing. No one saw that his problems were anything more then the normal challenges we all face as we negotiate our way through our lives. I have spent much time contemplating the purpose of life or more accurately the purpose of his life. From the outside, his life certainly appeared to have purpose; at the very least he was the involved father of two teenage sons. Yet whatever purpose I, or others, might ascribe to his life, he apparently did not see enough there for him to choose living over dying. His death has been awful enough for me personally but to watch my parents, especially my mother, go through the loss of a child has been infinitely worse. The raw agony. The desperate need to understand why. The overwhelming desire to believe it never happened but knowing at the deepest possible level that it has. The sad reality is that my son has now lost 3 uncles to suicide - 10 years ago his father's brother killed himself and a year later his father's brother-in-law did. I guess at this point I am glad that distance and family dysfunction mean that he was not close to any of these men….though perhaps the dysfunction was part of the reason for the choices they made. Who knows? They are no longer here to tell anyone why they did what they did. I can only hope that my son has whatever it is that necessary for him to always choose life, BB, Calgary
...
I'm not sure how I got on it in the first place, but interesting as it is I just don't have the time to read your occasional logs. There is just too much unsolicited stuff out there as it is and as a PR guy I'm probably responsible for a lot of it! Would you kindly remove my address from your Musings mailing list please. Thanks for your understanding, DC, Singapore
....
To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to mark@markmusing.com

©2008 MaxComm Communications






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?