Friday, February 15, 2008

 

divine and tender - Friday Feb. 15, 2008


today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: 6C/42F, dawn lit a cloudless sky, rabbits seemed to appear on every street to tease and torment Gusta, I liked walking without my ears covered for a change – nice to hear morning as well as see it

I have no problem with changing mind – changing views when I am convinced by information, feelings and thinking, but the chance of changing my mind because someone told me to would certainly be intervention, though nothing about it would be divine; I have no problem with them, if they leave me be

I have no problem with them calling me down for not believing what they believe as if there is only one belief – theirs – and everyone else is an idiot in some form, because we are all idiots when it comes to the why of life; the zealot, however, is so sure in their belief they behave in ways antithetical to the beliefs they espouse, the mirror is where they ought to look but they don’t because that is when the hypocrisy would be unmasked

one thing always leads to another thing, unless we are tethered to something we cannot move on from – for some people that is a home or a job, or a philosophy, or a relationship or from a path they are following; tethered, enough rope to imply flexibility, but none really - this column could have begun as: the problem with religious zealots . . .

unimaginable thoughts arrive when we least expect – big ones, easy to identify, easy to purge, but teeny weeny ones are a different story – like a grain of sand introduced to an oyster, at first an irritant, much later – a prized gem, the pearl, the treasure – the butterfly

yesterday was ‘as good as it gets’ and more; my valentine gave me a beautiful card and let me cook for her; her request was for tenderloin so I whipped up some surf and turf; many thanks from both of us to those who wrote kind words yesterday . . except for one who paved the way for an insult with a lame attempt at a backhanded complement – to call you a name or dismiss you for having the nerve to draw breath would be extreme, but to leave your comment un-addressed would be wrong

you are not wrong if what you believe is right for you, but you are wrong to the highest power if you think you should call someone down because they don’t believe what you do, tell someone they are incomplete or misdirected because they do not believe what you believe – shame on your slickness, shame on your thinking, shame on you – stop

I have someone in my life I consider divine – not in the religious sense – but to mean beautiful, loving, strong and wise - a sense that is very real to me; I cooked dinner last night, she asked for tenderloin – it was divine

Mark Kolke
339,268
197.6

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2008 MaxComm Communications

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?