Wednesday, January 30, 2008

 

misfire and reload - Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2008



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: -28C/-18F, clear, sunny, calm and very cold but somewhat balmy compared to the last couple of days – Gusta walked the lagoon route, I followed, silent dormant trees watched – patiently waiting for a better day


survivors (not a TV show) pummeled by wind, pelted by rain, blistered by sun, obliterated by season change - wildflowers flourish on mountainsides untended, rain or shine; if it’s a bad day today, they show up again every day and the day after that too - patiently waiting for a better day

any given day billions of events, billions of us, pelted with reality, the world oblivious to our existence, without note, never to be in history books - many are critical to survival, but most will never matter to anyone else - which does not diminish how important those events might be to any one of us

most things of importance happen by accident or actions of others; imagine if we each tried a little each day – or maybe just for one very energetic day; whether I start late or had a misfire, if I am at least taking a shot at something - then I will hit something; I may miss the target many times but the closer I come and the more often I try the better my chances; I’ll keep firing, reloading and firing again

missing, missing again and again and again does not mean road to ruin or path to the funny-house; it means I am not prepared to give up on dreams simply because the results I want have not yet come easily or that they ever will; it would be nice if the sun shone on me, gentle nourishment from somewhere arriving without my effort - I would smile and say ‘welcome’; but having such expectation is dreaming - I want my ideas to hit, my ventures to work; each time I misfire I reload

Mark Kolke
338,652
199.0

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2003 - 2008 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?