Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

January 31 Comments - re: the point of life


My father picked his path years ago and lived each day like it would be his last. I am heading home this weekend for his memorial service after spending a week at his bedside watching life slip away from him. When I got to the hospital he was alert and I asked how he was...he told me 'I'm dying'...my response was 'that's part of living, Dad'. The aftermath is he didn't plan much ahead for my mother's welfare (she's 6 yrs younger than he) and now we are busy scrambling to piece things together for her. I know it makes me think more about how and what I will leave behind, what my mark will be. SL, Calgary
...
Where are you-Hawaii? Haven't heard from you all week, MJR, Calgary
...
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and carries with it dust, water droplets, fumes, sound and whatever is movable along its path. Over millennia it even destroys statues and sculpts rock. Our "emphasis, passion and time" is often dictated by external circumstances, but to the extent possible that it can arise de novo within our mind and gut, it is far more rewarding. My epitaph will be the most succinct statement of my life possible; may it be inspiring, EG, Calgary
...
To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to mark@markmusing.com

©2003 - 2008 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?