Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

January 19 Comments - re: chockfull



The end of life, the great equalizer. I too saw Bucket List. The most poignant moment for me was the ending, where the ashes of both men were interred on the top of Mt. Everest. It signified an achievement neither one achieved, but had aspired to. I also found very interesting the discussions of the afterlife, or lack thereof. To have a bucket list I believe is a good idea, if only to hopefully satisfy ourselves on our deathbed, as well as to provide milestones of achievement as we go on in life. I don't have one (it would be unrealistically long), but have a pretty good idea how I want to spend the rest of my life. Make the challenges worthwhile pursuing! And at the end of it all, perhaps Sir Winston Churchill had something when he was asked on his 75th birthday if he was ready to meet his Maker. His reply was, "Yes, I'm ready. But is He ready to meet me?", EG, Calgary
...

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to mark@markmusing.com

©2003 - 2008 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?