Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

haul it in - Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: -7C/19F, high winds (wind chill -17C), gusts of 60-90km/hr.; a definition of confusion would be a dog’s nose on a very windy day; Gusta deserves her name today

wind is fuel for sail

opportunity, not always knocking, sometimes floats on breeze like a butterfly - just as often it is zooming by at high speed and a flying tackle is required to haul it in

I am first hand witnesses – each day as I walk a windswept beach, climb this week’s mountain or cross a broad desert of barrenness, nothing is certain - winds of change, sands of time, tick of the clock - the way things are vs. the way I wish they are; if all the world’s a stage, what is my part, what are my lines, which direction should I go?

don’t fall off stage Mark, watch yourself - wind blows, rearranges things, nature’s doorstep sweeping; on life’s stage, we are all witnesses, all of us players, all of us audience watching ourselves – when I miss a clear connect with my audience falling flat is not failing; it is like the wind blowing by to the next town – some people get me, some don’t

when wind blows hard, like people, it is hard to be sure which way it is blowing; winds of change or just a windy day - either or both I suppose - figuring out the wind or figuring out people is the same - some bend you over, some just blow by – I choose what I haul in

yesterday was one of significant change for me, though no one else would know it; my table looks like papers were rearranged by a whirlwind but there was more upheaval than that – subtle changes in perspective, seeing some things for the first time, again

Mark Kolke
339,012
197.4

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2003 - 2008 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?