Monday, January 21, 2008

 

as new as Monday - Monday, Jan. 21, 2008


today's musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

walk report: -17C/2F, clear, calm, cold; Gusta loves it, I’m not embracing it as much - layer upon layer, fleece over fleece, only keep me so warm; a third of the way through winter, this morning is a typical day; this cold will pass, spring will come, warmer times are ahead

‘as good as new’ must have been first written on a Monday because nothing is as good or as new as new is on a Monday

old paths, old ideas, old thinking – last week, last year . . are all far past now; content and composed, spread wide and waiting, my week stretches out in front of me like two lanes of new pavement wanting tires, knowing what the day or week will bring is always a mystery – no different than any other morning I suppose, but Monday brings so much promise

Monday’s start is always fresh no matter how Sunday went or ended, Monday is a slate swept clean . . . I see it way off in the distance, tomorrow will come but don’t let it come yet – let me stay in this day, a place where nothing new can be as new as a new week; I’ll keep my ideas in front of me, my waste by my side, my past behind me; each question will have its answer, each idea will have its place, each nuance will find its own place, like flowing water, I will find my own path

Mark Kolke
338,868
198.9

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
mark@markmusing.com

©2003 - 2008 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?