Monday, December 17, 2007

 

take some time - Monday, Dec. 17, 2007



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

-2C/29F, clearing, Gusta pulling hard – she normally does this for one rabbit – this morning, hot on the scent of five hyper-active bunnies in loose herd formation (family time I suppose), too funny to describe, but you get the picture

“The future has a way of arriving unannounced.” – George Will

George may be right . . but I think the future sends us lots of warning signs; looking back, most major events or changes in my life were things that came with many warnings, clues, hints and chances to change course – I see that looking back; maybe I should walk a half-step slower and watch for clues a little better . . if I only could find the time

each day, especially Mondays, a crush of things to do, news to absorb - life’s pace thrown in my face like first splashes of a cold shower – STOP, take a moment, deep breath now . . be still, be calm, think, breathe, relax

time puts space between things, time to think but rarely enough of it to go around; I think we too often look forward, or back, without much regard for relevance; but who, really, has the time; OK .. take a few more moments to answer these: ‘what is truly important?’, ‘what was important to me a year ago?’, ‘what will be important a year from now?’ and, ‘what will be important to me by the end of today?’

a year will soon be over; sooner yet - a season will change – and who knows how this day will end - can we count on anything?

I am well, my pretty butterfly is on the mend . . . on the go, busy day awaits, I’ll worry about the future later, maybe tomorrow, if I have time; today I’ll try to make some difference – I can do that, but I know I can’t make time – I can spend it, waste it, use it, pass it . .

look forward, look back, see your future arriving - take some time, use some of mine, I seem so far away from ever running out

Mark Kolke
339,684
198.2

... with your voice, teach in order to learn



What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?