Thursday, December 27, 2007

 

facing pacing - Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007


today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

weather/dog walk report: -6C/20F, clearing, calm, light dusting of snow overnight – Gusta sniffs at her own pace, investigating every familiar spot under that white blanket – no critters - driveway shoveling sounds make music of sorts at a strange pace

… I must go soon … breakfast meeting awaits followed by a day of pacing

I look back on this year – pacing and spacing a big part of it all – fitting things in, making room for new experiences, new people and new ideas – never arriving on a schedule, no scheduled time for arrival or departure, coping and fitting it all in is about pacing and exhaustion; the key is whether or not you are smiling . . and I am; life and pace are not about convenient scheduling – they are about tremendous inconvenience, turmoil in our world and in many cases some degree of turmoil and urgency in our personal world, chaos in the world of friends and family – the pace always unpredictable, but there will be a pace of some kind – or we will be pacing, awaiting its arrival

pacing myself, I began yesterday to sort, prioritize, organize and purge, till work matched time available - I’ve come to like PB’s assessment of it; she says I underestimate the amount of time things take while at the same time wanting to get everything completed resulting in exhaustion; she just rolls her eyes and gives me a tiny knowing smile

time running out, grains of 2007 hurtle to bottom of the hour-glass, so much yet to do, so little time – I had a whole year to do these things and here I sit, 5 days to go, so much left to do (sure, so much already done . . but much yet to do) pitter-patter, I must get at ‘er . .

I want to write more, but lately I’ve been setting aside less time for writing; I want to finish more but since I have been starting less we know where that will lead – to having less to finish; if I start less, there will be less to finish, then there will be time to write more, but then an increased pace of writing gets me buzzed . . . and then I start more, and then there is more to finish

Mark Kolke
339,444
198.2

... with your voice, teach in order to learn


What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?