Friday, November 09, 2007

 

triumphant warrior - Friday, Nov. 9, 2007



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

-1C/30F (high 11C), Gusta chasing rabbits and a beagle pup, owner dragging; short walk

I feel like crap but I feel great, I feel ill but I am very happy; as this long weekend of remembrance begins we get to pause, to remember, to revere those who sacrificed for us all in wars and conflicts – we owe them a huge debt

lately though, I’ve had my attention focused solely on one veteran – my dad; I took HK home from the hospital yesterday

triumphant warrior returning from battle – waves and smiles exchanged with people as he came through the door and went down the hall were almost as sweet as watching a sense of peace and satisfaction with the quiet overwhelm him; unending invasions of privacy and affronts to dignity behind him for now - as I was leaving him, affording him the first private moments in nearly two weeks he seemed happiest; all services that were supposed to kick into gear have – albeit with some difficulties – essentials are attended to and his needs are met; Hubert has asked me to convey to all of you who wrote or called, his sincere appreciation for your thoughts and messages – it means a lot to him, and to me

it seems my body felt there was time to squeeze in some trouble now that my load has been lightened; orange juice is staying down – that’s a good sign; last night sleepless fever, filled with visions of food poisoning and certain death, were exaggerated; it’s my turn to be sick – yuck – I hate being sick; PB says she will pamper me so I am torn between wishing for the 24 hour flu or the lingering kind that lasts through till Christmas 2009

Mark Kolke
340,596
198.0

What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?