Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

plans changed - Thursday, Nov. 22, 2007



today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

-8C/18F, moonless night not ended, sun not yet previewing, stars magnificent – early joggers, small dogs leading their handlers were out early, Gusta happy to see all

I do it – perhaps we all do – rehearse, play a role, look for nuance, explore alternative ways to re-invent character elements – sometimes with style, emotion rippling through every word or motion, sometimes routine, habit and old attitudes frame the scene; in life’s play, we are actors – director too – parts cast by expectations of someone else’s expectations of what our expectations ought to be

relaxed start, no traffic struggle, a trip to the gym, advance some projects an inch or two each, farewell to b’fly for a week, some meetings – re-ordering the play, re-drawing today’s map instead of rushing downtown for a breakfast function . . .

up early . . going off to that breakfast function as planned – on my walk, a choice to alter the day plan, change focus - today I’ll take a different path, different scenes will play out, different characters will cross my stage

with both hands and all my pockets I cannot capture or schedule or remember it all - but, I can switch course anytime I want to – my day may not change, but my life will

Mark Kolke
340,284
196.5

What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?