Friday, November 23, 2007

 

November 24 Comments - re: just sitting

I haven’t written for a while, but I am still glad to receive your musings! Keep up the good work. I liked your thoughts about technology versus thinking today. Perhaps we all have the mental capability of Sir Isaac Newton, but we just don’t allow ourselves the opportunity to have an apple land on our heads – somewhat akin to knocking in some sense! Perhaps our use of technology, which is designed to help us be faster, smarter and stronger, is preventing us from having the opportunity for insight! One of the most wonderful experiences I have had in my life was a three-day solo stint in a heated tree house overlooking the Ghost River. There was absolutely no technology (other than the comfort of heat) and I found that as the time passed, my thinking became clearer and more fluid. I was able to gain true insight into myself and my life. I would love to try a simpler world without so much technical help! Perhaps in retirement!, Cheers, KDK, Calgary
...
I know what you mean. But it’s still a choice, right?, SB, Calgary
...
Hi _ Can't remember the author but your musing today would be greatly complimented by a book called "A world lit by Fire" not a long read but so illuminating of those times, CH, Chimacum, WA
...
My favorite comment on old age is one by Bernard Baruch: "I consider old to be anyone 15 years older than I am." I like Don Marquis' observatioin which you quote as well. I agree that it's necessary to move away from all the hectic interconnectedness on a daily basis...Leave the cell phone at home and go out for a good walk to communicate directly with the earth and its natural ecology. But yes, the Grey Cup, that sacred institution, is not to be missed, any more than Church on Sunday if you're a Christian, or Sabbath if you're a Jew, etc. And don't underestimate late bloomers (I'm a great deal older than you!), EG, Calgary
...
To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?