Saturday, November 17, 2007

 

November 17 Comments - re: ritual of the ages



Hi Mark. Not sure how I got on your list but I am grateful that I'm allowed to share. "Calmfident" I'm going to file that little gem with one from Margaret (my spouse of 25 years). She came up with ambivalous which combines ambivalent and oblivious. This describes the present state of being ambivalent about something to which one was previously oblivious. This is only applicable to matters which are trivial as Mag is remarkably decisive about things she sees as important. I'm usually on the road to work at dawn these days. However, I frequently am out for a hike at sunset with Casey. Casey is a little Blue Heeler, Beagle (mostly, we suspect) cross. She's a pretty well behaved pooch. In fact she is comically unsuccessful when she tries to be bad. Her presence in our lives brings Will Rogers to mind: "Lord help me be the man my dog thinks I am." Thanks again for the musings, BT, ?
...
It sounds like you’re falling in love. Good Luck!, SB, Calgary
...
Hi, A friend has been sending me some of your musings. They are quite good. Thank you. May I be put on the list?, JN, Lyme, CT
...
Aye, mon, "Tradition!!" What comes immediately to mind is Tevye's opening musical monologue in "Fiddler on the Roof" and that theme carried through the whole story, but of course every culture has its own, and does well to pay homage to it...I find Celts and Nordic peoples especially fascinating. To preserve a culture gives one a home page so to speak. Even the Cosa Nostra people honor it. I was looking at Wicca last night while researching something else....Goes back to the beginning of recorded history, gives one an oddly tugging feeling of being at one with nature, EG, Calgary
...
To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?