Friday, November 16, 2007

 

November 16 Comments - re: about dawn



AM- "Calmfident"...what a perfect blend to describe that outlook, LR, Irvine, CA
...
Hi Mark, I saw your note about list maintenance. It appears that I am on your list of Musers twice, so if you come across my addresses, please delete one (but not both), AK, Calgary
...
Hi Mark, There is a new level in the quality of your musings. It was a pleasure to read this morning. I hope you are well and life is blessing you. Take care, JS, Calgary
...
Mark, I'm learning to see that what I might interpret as a 'problem' isn't a problem at all. It's just the way it is. I'm learning to look at things as opportunities instead of obstacles, learning to observe rather than react. I'm finding it to be an eye opening experience and I am pleased to find my stress level has improved, SM, Calgary
...
Mark : Keep these coming, first class ...Is it OK to include your work in our newsletters?, SW, Calgary
...
I'm fortunate to have met you at Toastmasters' and flattered that you have taken me into your blogging sphere. As for walking at dawn, I can well appreciate its advantages, but I don't do it presently. I know what it's like, however to be on a sailboat at dawn when the whole sky is a many-hued red. I especially like your comment "The complexity I often deride may be simplicity in an especially intriguing wrapper." That would be worthy of Albert Einstein, who spent his lifetime trying to find simpler ways of describing the laws of nature, but only succeeded partially (the Special, and finally ten years later the General, Theory of Relativity, but could not derive a unified field theory) And speaking of wrappers, when he was talking to his young son about discovering the laws of nature, he said that nature is like a lion of which we've only discovered the tail, and that as we plod along through life, we are like a louse on the lion's back.....And these days, we still don't have a unified field theory, but are discussing massless sub-atomic particles called strings which if they are the ultimate unit of matter would suggest to us among other weird conclusions that there is no such thing as mass! Anyhow, enough for today. Best regards, EG, Calgary
...
I assume that Dawn comes in an especially intriguing wrapper, KK, Calgary
...

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?