Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 

October 30 Responses


Beautiful writing Mark. Eloquent and touching. May you and your father enjoy many beautiful days together. LG, Calgary
...
Pleased to hear that your Dad is moving out of CCU and hope that he will get stronger every day. Remember to take time out for you.....that is the only way you can be there for him!, BP, Calgary
...
So sorry to hear about your Dad; you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. I share your thoughts and concerns re the depersonalization of the healthcare system. I do hope, that at an appropriate time, you will take those concerns to the person in charge of the unit where your Dad is #9, as well as to the 'powers that be' within Calgary Health. Every once in awhile caregivers, along with those charged with providing leadership within the system, need a reality check! Take care and my best to both of you, SD, Devon, AB
...
So sorry to hear about your dad... I've been out of pocket for the last few days. Want you to know that he is remembered in all my prayers as well as you too for strength and for the doctors and all his caretakers to do the best they can for him. I was never an outspoken person until I had loved ones hospitalized. Then... holy cow... I learned pretty fast that the squeaky wheel gets the grease... maybe it's the same story in Canada as in the U.S.... not enough caretakers and they are all overworked. But, I sincerely hope your dad is being well taken care of which will make you feel a little easier about where he is. Take care, CFT, Houston, TX
...
I hope the "guy in 9" and his son are both doing ok. The health care system can seem cold at times, my experience is that as your dad makes progress through "the system" the personal side of the healthcare will become warmer! Make sure your dad know lot's of people are praying for him (and you) Regards, MW, Calgary
...
"The Guy in 9" hit a chord with me. I think we need to realize there not much kindness in many of these places. I really believe you should have someone with you when you are in a place like a hospital. A close friend woke up after an operation and she had a terrible burning and pain on her right leg and side while her left leg was totally numb. She'd been operated on the RIGHT side but someone had put the painkillers into the LEFT side! Unfortunately I don't think this is a rare incident. I repeat I think you need someone with a loved one in the hospital. Not saying that everyone is bad at their jobs just that some are certainly better than others. Personally we've had great care whenever needed. Hope that's your case too, B?, Regina, SK
...
To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?