Sunday, October 21, 2007

 

I saw - Sunday, Oct .21, 2007

today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

-5C/23F (high 10C), sunshine expected in about an hour, fading stars overhead as we walked quiet cul-de-sacs, black squirrels and rabbits turning white occupied Gusta while I walked faster, ankle/heel nearly mended now

I saw it, there it was – just what I wanted - I bought a saw and then I bought work gloves, I see/saw it, much work to do, I saw/see it, finding balance of need and time to do it all

trimming and pruning are not things done with prunes; the grass meets the flower bed, some leakage occurs but it must be cut back – fertile ground becomes concrete when dry, tangled roots are often so deep or spread they cannot be dug out, cannot be removed from the equation – like history, old stuff, old ways, old growth – old wood, deadwood must be cut away to make room for next season’s new shoots, fresh buds and blossoming future, places for birds to nest, dogs to play and butterflies to light

relationships and yard work both mix hard work with tranquility, struggles and sweat, sense of pride and accomplishment – both are therapy, both distract us from all other things – when peace and tranquility meet nature naturally – I saw the light, I saw the wood, I saw the end of the season, I saw the new beginning in my mind, I feel new growth, I imagined it so it must be so

I saw balance and need and time working out – not yet, but in my mind I see it, saw it, have seen it, will see it again

Mark Kolke
341,076
197.5

What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?