Thursday, September 27, 2007

 

kthump, kthump - Thursday, Sept. 27, 2007


today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

3C/37F (high 17C), chinook-cloudy, breezy, path leaf littered, Gusta erratically sniffing a rabbit trail romance while her owner, heart thumping, tried to keep up

well being, an investment not quoted on any exchange, does not rise or fall on currency fluctuations or movement of innocuous ratios graphed against some regression curve – it floats in and out of our landscape like an ECG graph of fear we might be next, fear we might fail because of bad genes, or bad luck or bad karma; even very healthy people have heart attacks, so why worry?

today is MP’s birthday – she is one of the original 8 musers; happy birthday old friend(oops) – rephrase - happy birthday long-standing friend, may you be long standing, long sitting, long running, long ticking; as friends and colleagues we've probably had more downs than ups but I, like many who know and work with you, remain envious of your spirit, driven-ness, wit, charm and highspeedbigbrain ?

we do this don’t we - we wish friends, family and often total strangers good health – I note birthdays and surgery-anniversaries of friends in my calendar for that very purpose, to wish people good life, good spirits, good health, good recovery - we all do this, don’t we? we say - Good day, Good health, Best wishes, Be well, Be happy, To your health - we offer salutations in variations on this theme all the time, to take a moment to tell them they are special in our lives and that we don’t take them for granted; greetings and hi/bye’s that mean lots for people who mean lots – yes & yes

few of us can look in the mirror to say ‘I am very healthy’; I can’t and most people over 30 on this continent cannot; I can say ‘I know where I need to make changes and I am making some of them, working on it, seriously I am’ . . but how many times I remember saying just that and not acting on it which begs the question of whether I really meant it, really cared or really had a strong motivation for living, for living well, for living long

I would like to think I have all those motives – in action, by me, for me - but must admit they are aided by recent developments with PB that have lifted my wings, filled my sails and offered tangible proof we middle-aged divorced folks can find relationships that works, where love goes deeper than the high-bar goes high, where dreams and hopes and plans take on renewed energy; on that note, it was fun doing a speech last night at Toastmasters; I finished last - failed to get enough laughs (it was a humorous speech contest) but it didn’t matter because it seems, when our heart is pumping fast, we are oblivious to who laughs at what while willing to tell anyone who will listen

sometimes we need to write a long piece or make a short speech but most often we can capture all that is important . . . in a heartbeat

Mark Kolke
341,652
200.4
...

What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?