Wednesday, August 15, 2007

 

for a while - Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2007

today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park


7C/44F (high 22C), fresh fall air in my nostrils made me stand up straight as a surreal early sky unfolded - as dark became twilight, cloud outlines appeared, became hazy gray, blue and white; our walk through the park was noisy, for a while Gusta sniffed for hobbits in the grasses, birds chirped more than usual; I’m pleased to learn that Hurricane Flossie has been downgraded to a category 1 storm and will mostly miss Hawaii, predictions for Maui today are just another (albeit windy) day in paradise

one of the SMs took me for dinner last night, introducing me to the Mercato in Mission – wow, what a great place, great halibut, great strong coffee, great company, great dinner – then we talked for a while – thanks heaps; feedback yesterday from readers on my new website was very much appreciated; thanks to those who called or wrote; the second step was publishing COMMUNIQUE this morning which required some all-night coffee; I followed that with a trip to deliver someone to the hospital by 6AM for day surgery

to totally give in to relaxing sleep, totally . . my goal, just minutes away; sleep, that ‘re-filing’ and re-ordering time for my brain; many competing priorities jockey each day for my attention but when I wake from a good rest all seems well with the universe

work is so easy to schedule morning through night, sleep easy to schedule if we want it badly enouh - but work, lots or a little, still seems to fill me with my asperations - or ex-aspirations

now I’ve had my morning pot of coffee, but I’ve not been to bed yet; sleep comes naturally in infancy and old age; in between it comes when we have time for it and often, when we have time for it, we are too busy, too wired, too .. something to relax

a busy day and evening ahead - on the other hand, I could just rest my eyes for a while

zzzz I surrender

Mark Kolke
341,684
201.4

What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?