Sunday, July 29, 2007

 

no limitations - July 29 musing

today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

14C/56F(high 31C), breeze peacefully cools the heat of a restful stifling night; Gusta met Max, a Beagle, tall grass rimming park path waving as if some great conductor was gesticulating in front of a waving grain orchestra; Swift Current memories of a year ago . . hot . .

I’m 5 and loving it; OK, so I’m 55 but why can’t I love it just the same? . . . I believe we are all creative (watch a 5 yr. old and see how easily it flows), I think we all have the ability to unlock the door to that creativity - if we get past fear of what might be on the other side to find out what lurks on the other side of that door we’ve not broken down; we need to kick it down, break it down or de-construct it . . . or, sometimes, we might just try turning the knob

whole months can flash by without it seeming I’ve accomplished much; not true, but some days it seems that way – when that happens I tend to try to analyze what roadblocks (often ones I’ve put there myself) are on my path; each day, each of us, spend our creative potential on something; for some that might be a workout at the gym or mowing a lawn, reading a book – a thousand possibilities – but ask yourself whether that is REALLY what you want to be doing; all other tasks are worthy . . they need doing, want doing and ultimately need to be done, but ask yourself this – “am I using this as a way to diffuse my creativity, to set my creativity aside, to stifle my creativity?”

the term ‘needs analysis’ comes up in so many situations, especially in business; usually in the same conversation someone will mention SWOT analysis; these are the ways we mask our ‘wants’ analysis – the way we articulate our unmet needs, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats – the flow so easily to a flip chart, a graph or pie piece when the subjects are next month’s sales, next year’s growth and long term profits

when applied to personal issues, mine anyway, I think analyzing threats and weaknesses becomes a very limiting self defeating exercise; I prefer focusing on the opportunities and knowing my strengths, planning new initiatives – part of my ‘get me to Hawaii quicker plan’ - surely things worth doing that I want to do wherever I am, whatever I am doing – my limitations are only limitations if I recognize them

blank page awaited, as surely as it does every morning - blank canvas quickly fills ; I have what I need – I am who I need to be (which has nothing to do with whether I know what paint will I splash on life today), know what I will draw upon, what I will draw from today; full day writing yesterday – lots to show for it, great evening capped it, fresh brewed beans, perfectly scrambled eggs, fruit chaser and papers read, I have this day - no limitations on my agenda, no limitations on what I can do - like a 5 yr. old at play, like a 5 yr. old laughing like a 5 yr. old

we react to the changes that ‘happen to us’, we deal with them in such grown up fashion –but we need to remember that the juiciest of choice changes are the ones that take us to the other side of that door – a path to play, not fear . . we would all know that if were 5

Mark Kolke
223,152
200.4


What do you think? Join the discussion - your comments are welcomed - please write.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?