Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

June 26 responses


I occasionally meet or encounter people who impact my life in some small way but am not aware of their influence until much time has passed. Our phone call last week was one of those discussions with a virtual stranger that made me realize something about myself and where I am at in this point in my life. My email the next day left me feeling somewhat "naked" but I felt comfortable enough to let you know how your words had helped. I did not know until that day that what I "need" was not what I was "seeking". Thank you again for that twist of fortune. Your musings are much enjoyed. I'll share with you my "musings" for today. Sometime today begins my 52nd year of life.(Not sure of my time of birth-must be recorded somewhere.) Fell asleep late last night with a slight bit of melancholy remembering some birthdays "past" and feeling uncertainty of birthdays "future." I awoke this morning at 4:00 am to a deafening rain, flashes of lightning lighting up my bedroom. The "noise" of the rain distracted me from planning my day in my mind as I usually do upon awakening. Then I quickly realized why the rain had startled me awake. My full attention was needed to appreciate what came next. Total silence. The rain abruptly ceased and after a few moments I heard the birds. The birds that sing at dawn each and every day to remind us of what we have......the gift of each new day. I smiled and got out of bed. Have a great day Mark, LAR, Winnipeg

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?