Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

an acquired taste - Wednesday, June 27, 2007


today’s Musing written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park

10C/50F (high 24C), my mind distracted, unfocused – TWO-many of those works-in-progress on my table today – the peaceful calm of the park as early sun flickered through trees along the ridge path in the park, Gusta super-charged and distracted by eau de lapin

I found these un-attributed quotes that might help explain me – I like them both a lot: ‘Every time I find the meaning of life, they change it.’ . . and . . ‘If you don’t create change, change will create you.’

I’ve been wondering why I have been getting different results lately in things I am trying, people I am meeting; historically (means a long long time) some people find me a turn-off, some find me off the chart on their outrageous-meter, some find me a flavour they don’t care for, some find me an acquired taste – like olives, or oysters or pickled herring/peanut butter sandwiches (bonus points if you can guess the ‘only 1’ of those I like); maybe, every time I think I have something or someone figured out, they change or I do or we both do - have I changed my attitude a little, a lot or not at all?

it seems to be raining, not rain, but opportunities – more than usual; how many?? new things, new ideas, new people, new tasks, new perspectives, new points of view can we handle at one time; I’d rather (the logical side of me talking) initiate two things a day I can spend good energy on than 10 I can’t give enough of my time and energy to move along, to advance a relationship, flesh out the plan, name a goal, define a theme, strategize for things to materialize, visualize the large size, climb the rock pile without bringing it down on myself; fitting in, of course, balanced time for friends, family, dog, me, fresh chances, new choices, imagination and frolic . . .

my inclination is not to think in two’s when six ideas come along, or when ten’s are available in my head; I rarely have more than two of ten left by the end of the day, but seldom are they the first two or last two or ones I thought were the best two in the morning

I can have a great morning every morning; all I need do is two interesting things . . with two interesting people, the day will then be a river overflowing its banks, a virtual flood of opportunity; it doesn’t start that way but two always becomes ten, I would not know how to do ‘two’ on a regular basis; the logical side of me is ruled by all the others sides of me – not sure if that means I am multi-faceted or some version of confusing, diverse, indecisive or strange - or an acquired taste

anyone seen my peanut butter?

Mark Kolke
223,920
198.8

Musings need not be a monologue, but to make it a dialogue is dependent upon your responses, which are welcomed - please write me feedback/comments.

To subscribe to Mark's Musings daily email distribution, write to
musing@maxcomm.ca

©2007 MaxComm Communications, all rights reserved.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?