Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

treading softly - Tuesday May 22, 2007




[written and published from a condominium at the Maui Kamaole, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii . . ]


high of 83F predicted today; sunny, a little hazy, light breeze, (photo attached taken walking northbound coming back from the Fairmont this morning), abrasive sand and feet adjusting to new sandals have produced assorted nicks, blisters and hot spots (on our feet, the sandals are fine)

barefoot is best for now

when I walk, no different at home, I try to find messages/solutions in the beautiful simplicity of nature – you know, a reference point, a metaphoric picture show . . some days I see that, some days I just see shore, some days I just see sand, some days I just see water; they are one, they are continuous, they do not take firm positions – it seems to have worked for them for millions of years – perhaps that could work with people?

do you remember what you did 15 yrs ago, why you did it or how you felt?

some things are vivid as yesterday, some fuzzy, some no doubt convenient recollections; this process of re-discovery is not simple; not sure how we are doing but I like the walks, I like most of the talks, I like most of the memories - this doesn’t feel like therapy but it is; I called this meeting, not sure if we have an agreed agenda yet, but the ice-breaker and get acquainted activities seem to be going well; we are treading softly . . barefoot is best for now, no pressure points to irritate an already sore spot

yesterday’s visit to Makawao (mack-a-wow), quaint artsy-fartsy town up-country, shops and galleries were fun + fabulous lunch at Café del Sol in the courtyard surrounded by galleries was great – recommend Caesar salad (month’s supply of garlic in every serving) with Cajun spiced Ono fish; my picture of the purple tree did not turn out . . I’ll have to find a more photogenic one and better light

this afternoon will be explore the north end of the island – driving is easier on the feet, we’ll probably walk a beach or two as well . . barefoot is best for now

aloha

Mark Kolke
224,784
202.2

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?