Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

May 28, 2007 – responses



Mark: I hope that as the days go by the feeling of “rightness” for you will remain. I wish you happiness, peace, contentment. And joy. Yes, even joy, MP, Toronto
...
Love your musings & would like to be on your e-mail list, ELM, ?
...
Haiku will offer you peace perhaps that is what you are yearning for?, GR, Haiku, HI
...
Loved your column this morning...could put myself in the scene. I'm assured - you're in a good space. Mind the cut, however. I'm just getting over the assault to my right heel - and that happened the last week of March! The scar will be there forever, I susspet...reminder of a very good time. Kisses, CB, Calgary
...
Thanks for including me in the mailing list for your daily musings. They are beautiful thought-rambles that are allowing me to get to know you in a somewhat extraordinary way. I especially liked some of the word play in this last one e.g. the comment about groundedness and about the folks who came round from their flat-earth beliefs. "Forever and always" is familiar to me. But I know it from the Robert Munsch children's book "Love You Forever". Are you familiar with it? It can't be read without tears. It's about the love of a mother for her son. "Forever and always my baby you'll be." My heart goes out to you as you grieve for the renewed relationship that was not to be. We invest such hope in these things. Our feelings run so deep. We can't just shake them off the way my puppy shakes off his bath water. We have to wait for the rivers of emotion to work their way through all their tributaries. Time does heal, though there's always a scar. I've been having lots of thoughts about time and the speed at which it's moving these days. I was thinking about hourglasses. At first the sand moves so slowly from the top chamber to the bottom. There's no rush, it seems. There's so much future. But then after a while (just when does it change?) it seems to speed up, hurtling through the little waist to get to the bottom. Life after 50 seems to be the hurtling stage. And what happens when all the sand has rushed to the bottom? Do we get to start over as someone else somewhere else? Or is it simply time for the next generation to run their course? You got to see the sunrise and I watched an utterly glorious sunset. Walking the puppy in the off-leash part of Spanish Banks Beach. As he chased every other dog and tried to goad them into running in circles, I stared at the shiny-glowy, green-tinged ball that seemed to be descending behind the blurry mountains. The descent, of course, is another illusion. Part of the flat-earth thinking, which is still there in all of us. Tomorrow it will be 26 degrees here. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, but I know it will be beautiful. My rhododendrons are in full, sensuous bloom. Please keep sending the musings. EA, Vancouver
...
Good afternoon Mark, Irene and I got back from the lake late last night with me in bad shape. I spent the day at the Peter Lougheed to confirm I did not break any bones but may have torn my other rotator cuff. More later. My thoughts are with YOU so let me say I supported you 100% +++ to make this trip and explore the opportunity which is exactly what you did. It so happens that it did not work out; however I gather it was important for both of you to check it out and you did just that. You still have a very special friend. Enjoy your sand and surf and I will look forward to us having breakfast when you are back, JJ, Calgary
...
Hi – today was a lovely day. The sky was blue, grass bright fresh green and the wind was the kind that sailors live for. I love those conditions as they make me feel new. They blow the cob webs out of my head. I really liked the picture, it reminded me of Keats on a sunny, windy, wavy day. Cheers, DB, Red Deer

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?