Saturday, May 26, 2007

 

mahalo, aloha - Saturday May 26, 2007




[written and published from a condominium at Maui Kamaole, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii]

high 83F, mostly sunny; I went off walking at my usual 6:00AM . . on my return I found it busier than usual – everyone wanting to get a good start on their day (photo today catches a portion of Haleakala at sunrise time looking south easterly across the Blue course at Wailea)

aloha is the word of hello and good-bye, mahalo means thank you

someone who has been a very significant part of my life in many ways for a long time leaves this evening - I’m having difficulty saying or putting down words around how I am feeling today . .

traveling back to another place in time is partly an action of seeing something new – which we did – of re-opening doors and closing them too; memories of times past will always be available with a closed eye . . but that was a different time, a time now clearly in the past

expectations are a peculiar thing – they get in the way sometimes; having them can create difficulty as can not having any at all – I think there is some universality in that; I’ve found things work out differently than I expect sometimes – maybe what has unfolded could have been foreseen, maybe not – but I don’t regret this experience; sure I’d like to take back a few things I said, a few things I did . .

there is a time for beginning, a time for ending, a time for saying hello again and a time for saying good-bye again; I created this situation – I asked for it, I planned it, I made it happen; the stage was set . . I had expectations, perhaps unrealistic ones, but hopeful ones, optimistic ones, ones of achieving some form of answer to longstanding questions; I feel a sense of loss, a sense of failure to realize upon some of those hopes, a sense of clarity of what is real today, a sense of what is fond memory of times behind a door now closed

in varying measures, all of those . .

mahalo, aloha

aloha

Mark Kolke
224,688
203.2

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?