Monday, May 14, 2007

 

just imagine it - Monday, May 14, 2007




[written and published from south Calgary, near Fish Creek Park]

1C/33F, a sunny morning when I can see my breath; Gusta’s nose led us to a little spot tucked in deep growth not 20 ft. off our path to see a white-tail mom, her fawn and several yearlings hanging around . . we moved on without a bark, not even a nip or a yap

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein

easy to say ‘I need a vacation’ but that’s neither news or true - I just had one four months ago, but I really do WANT this vacation . . 6 days, 6 sleeps, then I’m Maui bound

for now, I can imagine . . . ocean dancing on a sand floor, a purple tree up the mountain, weather playing with a volcano, hot days, warm nights; a time of rest and play and reflection . . . . just imagine it . . . palms and shrubs taking their energy from the wind and tossing it back again, of waves, and pools, and puddles left by the tide . . but wait, the tide will be back soon, so will I

when I began writing musings they were neither constructed, planned, focused or very long – nor were they imaginative - just a snippet of what I was thinking on any particular morning; over the last four years I’ve been brazen, pulled in my horns, told stories, pandered, experimented and played; I’ve been praised, gored, helped, hurt, copied, attacked, panned and flattered; I’ve made many friends, a few enemies, gotten close, created distance and bridged it too

far more than I have given to these musings, they (or, rather, musing readers) have given to me; few things, very few things, give me more pleasure than to open my mail to learn that something I’ve written was valued by someone, touched someone, added value for someone, made someone laugh or cry or think or breath faster or easier – I never would have imagined it

to CP, MM, CB, JH, SB & MH . . mothers all, I hope you had a great day yesterday


Mark Kolke
224,976
202.6

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?