Monday, March 19, 2007

 

Monday Mar. 19, 2007 - play of life



[written and published from Calgary]

-7C/20F, warming, flurries forecast; wind in my face, brisk . . like a steel bristle brush licking an overnight ice coating on every windshield, sidewalk, driveway and street, we slid between lawn patches . . . Gusta, studded paws notwithstanding, had trouble getting traction

my weekend was a mix of the usual sprinkled with two remarkable pieces of very uncommon; two conversations . . one long long overdue . . really overdue, not a lot said but much felt; the other involving some high drama with someone I’ve not met; both powerful

weekend ends; ends, beginnings, starts, stops, hesitation . . these things weekends bring; time to ponder, time to talk, time to make min-drama into melodrama and back again, time to connect with new friends, time to reconnect with old ones, until it ends

new week, new ends, new beginnings, starts, stops, hesitation . . . talk time, until it ends

yesterday the characters unfolded, a schedule struck – venues discussed, sets decorated and costumes designed; part outline, part recipe, part happenstance, part planning, part circumstance . . oh wouldn’t it be lovalee

a week, a mini-drama, the play of life . . or play of the week (sport metaphor intended) . . begins on Sunday rather than Monday in my mind; it is the day that sets the stage, the day when I prepare . . it is a day for organizing thoughts and sometimes paper too; it is the day when my 'play of the week' begins to be written; some connections with characters who will
change my life are just beginning while others with people who have already changed mine re-visit to affect me some more; sometimes that can be unsettling in the moment . . but not for long

someone new, something new . . is bound to be full of surprises and some drama; perhaps indicative of spirited times ahead . .

what stimulates us most is not always what is best for us, but my thinking is that most wins over best most of the time, unless of course we can find both at one time in one place with one person . . then look out! . . what stimulates us most; is it emotions, learning, arousal, gratification, success – does it come in a package, in a meal, in a person, in a conversation – does it come in the morning or the middle of the night or in a message when we are not home?

today will bring a solution to a problem – I just know it will

today will bring new problems to my door – I just know it will

today will bring the calls and meetings and events that are the opening act for my play of the week; I think we miss them unless we are lucky . . or smart . . or something like that; that is how I feel this morning, but it is early in the week . . I might change my mind!

I have found, as I did yesterday, that sometimes the simplest of things said between dear sweet friends, old and new, can be very profound - worth taking note, worth taking time or I risk missing those special moments, their special meaning

another week begins – much will happen, until it ends; a clever recipe

for best results, repeat weekly

Mark Kolke
226,220
204.0

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?