Monday, March 19, 2007

 

March 19, 2007 Responses


Someone, somewhere, sometime about a month ago sent ‘musings’ to my work address, and when your pieces survived through various spam filters, (maybe three a week), I started to read them. Then I went back and read the ones I’d missed, pulling them out of the junk folder. And now I look for them every day. They have proven to be a great respite to stressful work/bad bosses, long meetings, waiting for pick-up post-hockey/lacrosse/student council meetings, not to mention a great read at sunset, the end of the day, late at night, like now. You are a beautiful writer. (Although your cold weather intros make me long for a fire and a blanket — even though I live in Virginia now, I still long for the California warmth of my childhood during these cold, icy months). So, thank you for adding me as just one more to your list of many thousands. Keep writing, making us think, sharing some of yourself, teaching. All my best, EP, ?, Virginia
...
Hi Mark, Thanks for the newsletter / reminder to me each week to update the date of your weekly Toastmasters Meeting. I just received an email from “FacilityCalgary” is that from you? Just wanted to check with you, I am a wee bit reluctant to open it. If this is your other newsletter I am sure will also be another good read. I enjoy your musings every day! Thanks, A?, Calgary
...
Seems from your Morning Musing you had quite a bit of interesting conversation going on over the weekend...perhaps this was the derailing factor? Seems like it could be fun to chat. Aloha, GR, Haiku, Hi
...
Marc - Life class should be on the curriculum starting in elementary school through college. It should include careers. You would have been in excellent teacher for this class. VBL,Englewood, CO
...
no complaints; all is groovy! Same old but good old! Enjoy your musings and always curious to hear what is on your mind, MM, Calgary
...
Hi, there -- I just began receiving your musings 3 days ago. I relate. Will tell you more about me later; in the meantime, enjoy this (I hope!), RS, ? . .. PONDERISMS
- I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
- Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
- Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
- There are two kinds of pedestrians: the quick and the dead.
- Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see 'em tumble down the stairs.
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
- Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"
- Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?