Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Mar. 31 2007 – responses


Hi Mark, life around here is anything BUT! I have been busy with family, work, job hunting, and party planning. And everyone in the world seems to be healthy but me! I have been fighting the same old bronchitis for more than a month. (Yes, chest x-rays confirm it is just bronchitis and not anything else.) The lingering cough is getting old..thankfully, the blood systems are still working properly; my next check-up is in June. Family is great, married life is as wonderful as ever..better every day, if that's possible. How does one measure that? Every day seems greater, higher, deeper than the one before until I feel like I could just burst from joy. We enjoy each other's company so much. It's truly a gift to be such good friends as well as partners. Delaney turned one last month and is walking and babbling like a pro. Mark calls her his "Little Orator". She has this weird hand gesture that accompanies most of her speech, which makes the listener think she actually knows what she's saying. I think both of us had better put our hands in our pockets when we talk to her. She's such a parrot...yesterday she said "Damn it" clear as a bell, after hearing Mark swear when he caught his foot on a chair. Time to clean up the potty talk, too. School is officially closing in June of this year and two of the four teachers there are continuing on at another site, maybe. I am not one of them. After nine years with the university, I am ready to move on and strike new paths. So...yesterday I found out I got a job as the venue manager for a new children's museum opening here in Orange County next year. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of something being built from the ground up. Lots of funding from young philanthropists, sons and daughters of OC gazillionaires. Including the "heir" daughter to the Mars/M&M candy bar empire. Wow. All of a sudden I will need to be wearing office attire instead of overalls. That's about it. You're caught up! See, you haven't missed that much. Sorry it's been so long .. but I have always enjoyed being a little voyeuristic when it comes to your musings. Best, LR, Irvine
...
Had wonderful Greek food & a few laughs with friends....fell into bed (luxuriating in my new spring pure white 400 thread count sheets) & theoretically should never have stirred: till morning. Fell into a deep well deserved sleep ..only to be wakened mysteriously by thoughts of "us" . I had been listening earlier to some vintage "Neil Young" and was somewhat struck by the lyrics "keep me searching for a heart of gold...and I'm getting old"!!! Neil (good Wpg. lad) has a valid point, JH, Kelowna

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?