Friday, March 30, 2007

 

Friday Mar. 30, 2007 - refusal to jump


[written and published from Calgary]

-2C/29F, calm as morning sun blazes through a cloudy horizon, another warm day predicted, Gusta seems substantially ‘over it’, content with a short walk this morning based on my promise of a monster walk later

are your affairs in order; what kind of statements do we make and how telling are they?

no . . not that kind!! . . I mean ‘the order of your life and what you want on your headstone’

yesterday was very productive; lunch with MW and fish shopping were high-lites; I journeyed up to Billingsgate . . fresh seafood is just sooooooooo….. good; scallops and shrimp for dinner last night . . yummy, sweet fruity dessert left-overs for my early breakfast; now draining the pot of its last cup of coffee at 7:40 . . means I have been working since 4;30 this morning . . time for taking a break now before getting on a morning meeting treadmill . .

I read 1 law a day; Chopra’s Seven Spiritual Laws of Success has been a treasure – I printed off the 7 and read 1 every morning; my ‘Friday’ reading deals with articulating our desires, articulating our talents that manifest themselves while fulfilling those desires – heady stuff once I got those desires and talents defined; he counsels us (me) to not let obstacles get in the way of my passions, the fulfillment of desires, the use of my talents; I am reminded of going to see horses jump; when they come to an obstacle and stop it is called a refusal

I think this is a great metaphor for what most of us (me too) do on occasion; we avoid doing something or postpone doing things (causing work days to start at 4:30) which are inconvenient, difficult (or so they seem when we are putting them aside) or scary – rather than confronting them, rather than finding ways – over/through/around – them; if they stand in the way of our deepest desires, we need to get over it

on the other hand, they are not . . . then they really are not obstacles at all . .they are just stuff; don’t let stuff get in your way - fulfill your desires, do only things that pursue your desires, that use your talents and which get you to where you are going; do nothing else . . NOTHING . . because otherwise you fill find yourself in a league with JB . . a very successful guy . .who says “I simply don’t have time for some of the pleasures in life”

NOTHING simple about that statement

My response to JB: I hope you change that . . and soon; it would be sad one day, on your tombstone if it said 'he did not have time for the pleasures in life', wouldn't it be better if it said 'he took time to not miss the pleasures in life'

I like: “he pursued passions, desires and goals – always had his affairs in order - ready to die any day, refusing to give up on life, refusing to give up on the belief all his desires satisfied ”

we all get to choose whether to know our obstacles are really obstacles, we all need to recognize when we're refusing to jump

Mark Kolke
225,956
202.4

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?