Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

Wednesday Feb. 28, 2007 - where we need to be


[written and published from Calgary]

-11C/12F, light snow falling, fluffy coat on top of fluffy coat; no one out, footprint remnants now covered by two days of fresh snow; a quiet serene landscape until ‘Gusta the wild’ took off on a tear around the lagoon

some days I have wondered what I am searching for, some days I am certain that I know the answer; some days I encounter something that seems completely wrong, yet it turns out to be just what I wanted, just what I needed, just what I was wishing for; some days I get what I want because I ask; some days I get what I want without asking

I wonder about that, wonder if it is serendipity or some unspoken communication system with the rest of the universe – as if events are conspiring to fit with what I want

think about something sweet, cool, interesting, fascinating – then think of who is in the room with you, what experiences everyone brings to the situation, to the task, to the discussion – imagine how many things in the world had to go ‘just right’ to bring these people, ideas and intentions into one room in one place at one time . . hhhmmm; I’ve done that recently several times . .

yesterday I got a call from kk, someone who got an email from me along with thousands of others because I was marketing some space; but the reason this person knows me is because I called her after a 'near-meeting miss' at a luncheon I attending with PM last year, someone I met 2 yrs. previous at the suggestion of JR who I met on-line several years ago . . someone I did not click with but whose father had been our family doctor for a short while 35 yrs ago; ironically we all have one very significant thing in common . .

yesterday I had several conversations with other people in my life or crossing my path where this kind of surreal combo was the cause, the lead up, the grounds for the connection; without that background the connections never would have happened

I’m not feeling spooky or anything; but I think this is more than the product of age, wisdom, experience . . . . or a heightened level of awareness in some form

when these moments happen (it seems they happen more often than not these days) I find it fascinating to sit for a moment to marvel at the marvelous combination of things that happened ‘just so’ in order that a conversation, meeting, connection might happen hhhmmmm

I’ve had enough of this sort of thing happen lately to begin feeling these coincidences are more than coincidences but something deeper

when I meet with someone or talk on the phone; I am both in the moment AND I am visualizing that serious of innocuous events that brought us together or back together as a by-product of those wiggly paths that cross quite innocently, not deliberate at all, so that when paths cross again there is a ‘knowing’ feeling

do we do that in real life as opposed to 'thinking about what we read in yet another Chopra book’; can we manifest changes, events, behaviour of others to line up with what we are thinking, wanting, needing . . simply because our thoughts were lining up with the thoughts of others at just the right moments?

it could probably be argued that since we hang out or seek to hang out with like-minded people that we are setting this up – possibly, but for today I would like to think it is more that experience meeting opportunity, more than chickens coming home to roost or luck or fate or some other bizarre explanation

I’ll call it making my own luck, making my own future, making my own today

this is not a ‘white light at the top of Machu Pichu’, just a little bulb going off in my brain

the search is over, it is right here

the search is over, I was never lost

the search is over – when I let it be

seems I’ve heard that somewhere before

my happiness, my success, my joy does not exist on a beach or a mountainside or across a bridge or across a country; it exists right here right now

I think we are all where we need to be, we are all who we need to be, we are all together alone all the time

the search is over - when I let it be

Mark Kolke
226,676
201.8

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?