Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

February 27, 2007 Responses


Marry me - I thought that would give you a laugh. Marry a stranger? Well, yes I think in essence that is what we all do anyway. I dated my first husband for six years. It takes only a few months of living with someone to find the secrets and know all that was so easy to disguise before you are married. My 22 year old son was married on Feb 17, I listened to all the wonderful promises and beautiful sentiment. I can only hope that they hang on to half of that. I wish them success but I plan for, well I can't predict. But the real point here is that predicting the future from events of the past is often a mistake. There are so many other factors to take into consideration that are NOT of the past. So to become a wide-eyed optimist is my wish for you. Perhaps you can shed some of the negative learning and defenses you have built around your heart. Just remember that the heart is a flexible muscle (getting stronger with exercise) not breakable glass, ch, Chimacum
...
Hello Mark, Where did you go? The last one I got you were in Maui .I have sent this before and nothing. Hope I get you back in my life….., CR, ?
...
As the recently mentioned "someone who keeps cats", I was not offended and would recommend to you other cat keepers to also not be so touchy. I suspect that Mark's remarks are primarily made to stir up cat lovers who gratifyingly rise to his bait. Just because he has a personal bias that differs from mine and chooses to poke fun at it doesn't mean that he is judging me as a person. When I first contacted him I responded in kind by pointing out that I believe that golf is good way to ruin what would otherwise be a nice walk and that I don't get how anyone of reasonable intelligence can justify walking around for hours at a time whacking at a little pockmarked ball with metal stick. I could easily continue this by referring to his opinions as being interesting for someone who golfs. Of course even if he is judging me as a cat keeper, I am confident enough that I don't need to be particularly worried about what other people think of the choices I make for myself. It is my experience that being offended is usually more about the person who is offended then the person making the remarks....except when the remarks fall into the categories of racial, religious, cultural or sexual slurs. EJJ: I get that even spiders and rats have a useful purpose in the natural cycle of things but I still don't like them and don't believe that this dislike means that I don't really like any species, BB, Calgary
...
You are too cute for words! Thank you so much for remembering. I happened to be lucky enough to be spending my birffffday in Palm Springs! I was there for a week for a work convention and just had a blast! I have been trying to catch up at work as well as home and wanted to make sure to touch base and say thank you for thinking of me. I received an interesting birthday message on my cell phone from your friend MW wishing me a happy birthday and I called him upon my return home. When I finally had a chance to connect with him and asked how on earth he knew, he confessed that he has been pretty swamped and hasn't been reading your musings (don't tell him I told you that!) and he just happened to read the one on the 19th! You are still giving it the old college try there for us to meet...hmmm. , you give tenacious a new meaning Mr. Kolke! Anyway, I read that musings as well as the other ones I had missed out on, and just wanted to say that I wish many wonderful things for you and hope you don't give up on life's possibilities. You truly are a thoughtful, wonderful friend and I know there is someone out there that will appreciate all that you are, CN, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?