Friday, February 23, 2007

 

February 23, 2007 Responses


Mark – Seems we are feeling the same this Thursday – mine carried into Friday – hopefully better this weekend… If you are ever feeling sad and need someone to talk to I am there for you, VBL, Englewood, Colorado
...
Re: relationships, I think it's interesting that you use terms like "locking up". Drawing further parallels to finances, there are investments, debts, transactions, payouts and payoffs... There are high-risk, low-risk, short-term, long-term... English is funny that way - we use the same terms we do in business sometimes when we refer to our personal lives. What's the saying? Never mix business with pleasure? Or never confuse business with pleasure?... Maybe that's why some people are more comfortable in business than in personal - there is more language around us that makes it ring a familiar tone, SS, Calgary
...
Mark, Sandra here in Idaho snow! Sorry to hear about your latest embers burning out, and as a fellow seeker of fire for five years now post divorce, I can relate! I especially enjoy the analogy of needing not only the fire, but the fire pit, lot's of wood, lot's of time to enjoy the warm coals. I've shared with you several times how frustrating it's been to continue the quest, ever hopeful that an initial encounter of exploration and adventure, could develop into something enduring...where I could pitch my tent around an inviting well stocked fire pit. I've often thought I would never get married again, or even want to after sampling a smorgasboard of men. But, never say never! Amazingly it's happened at last! A widower I met 10 mo. ago, who was one of many I was dating at the time, has slowly won my heart with his constant kindness, acts of generosity, faithfulness, romantic getaways, adoration of my four children and grandchildren, and so much more! I almost drove him away due to my fearfulness of feeling "trapped" in an exclusive committed relationship. Rather than losing anything however, I discovered when I released the fear, I found joy and great peace. We are planning a wedding in Maui in late December at the Grand Wailea Resort for immediate family and a few friends! We plan to do some real estate investment together, travel the world, include children and grandchildren on selected trips, and heap lot's of wood on the fire so it glows for many to enjoy!! Just wanted to share my happy news with you, since I've enjoyed all your musings regarding the journey of relationships. Keep in touch. You are inspiring, and always reflect a bit of the common life highs and lows your readers identify with. Fondly, SW, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
...
Your writing is lately filled with rich and wonderfully apt metaphors. Much enjoyed and relished by me, MM, Calgary
...
No wish to rain on your romp, but think about this: you are Gusta’s parent for as long as time allows. Viewed in that regard, you are responsible for her well being and safety. She will be as happy, I guarantee you, if you teach her to come, heel, stay, sit. It is for her safety. And believe it or not, dogs like to serve, love to be praised for good behaviour, and revel in the expected, the known, the routine of your existence together. She’s a smart girl by your account – she will like learning, and hopefully you will both enjoy long lives x7!, KT, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
...
To LHE, Any man who thinks that they are doing themselves a favour by waiting untilthey are in their 40s to have kids should think again. You need a substantial degree of fitness to keep up to a kid at that age, and you certainly may miss the joy of raising (enough) kids altogether. I have two. They wear me out, but if I was to "do it" all over again, I would have started sooner and tried to build a family with 4, or 6, kids, AK, Calgary

I say get another dog (Gusta will be happier), DJ, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?