Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

February 20, 2007 Responses


Mark – I’ll bet you are a great cook! You have a real appreciation for the finer but simple things in life. VBL, Englewood, Colorado
...
Re: shift to bisque - Feb. 20 musing . . 'words' in the soup; The comments from LHE about gender stuff, tweaked my interest today....Just received response from the Alberta Human Rights Commission dismissing our complaint (submitted three years ago) re language used at Calgary City Hall.... "Alderman" v.s. perhaps the more appropriate word "Councillor/council member" used in most cities across North America, even in places like Red Deer!!! Is patriarchy alive and well in Government review processes??? In Washington DC??? I ponder ... of course this 'review' was done by several males (making a living) tho the human rights complaint/submission was made by five women and four men! I can only roll my eyes! The whole area of language -- the underlying meaning of words -- interests me … including your comments re "making a living", and the concept of "jobs" etc … I prefer the language "right livlihood" used by my permaculture friend who is building strawbale homes locally.... in terms of how we can live well in our bioregions without exploiting resources(local and global) and using materials, and our own energies well/ appropriately in light of the current assessment of global footprints/sustainability … I sometimes wonder about the 'job mentality ' that we/ kids get from attending government educational institutions and wonder whether we need to reconsider' wealth', in terms of other guideposts … social equity … family lifestyles … meaningful work … ethical employment … planetary sustainability. his gets into political discussions about literacy,GNP,capitalism, militarism, etc.... and of course tho everything we do is 'political' … let's not go there! I like to think of myself as a bioregionalist -- perhaps because I was Calgary born, ( in one of the world's most overdeveloped nations) tho I like to think I have a global/long term perspective on most things … For what it is worth -- ramblings triggered by your musings this morning …. FA, Calgary
...
Good Morning Mark! Chilly here on Maui this morning … hmmm … Lobster Bisque … what a delightful thought. I find myself amused that I open, with ardent anticipation, a daily blog by a man I do not know. Mahalo for your gift to the world … you, Aloha, GR, Kula, Hawaii
...
RE: shelter - Feb. 18 musing; You know how much I love reading your musings but, sometimes I think you share intimate details about your mates that are not appropriate. VBL, Englewood, Colorado

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?