Monday, February 19, 2007

 

February 19, 2007 Responses

Hi Mark I wish that you could go to every classroom in the country and tell young men that women are people who matter and that a relationship might be worth compromises that don't offend your values. Plus be honest! Despite feminist achievements, I hear a lot of concerns from women that guys totally control the timing of relationships, guys keep lots of relevant things secret, and guys refuse to admit the difference between small stuff (where we go for dinner) and big things (when we have children). Yes, what a woman wants and cares about matters! Thank you Mark, for mentioning the possibility of compromise, a practical way to implement the fact that women matter! LHE, Calgary
...
Hi Mark, Nice to hear from you.....I am in Ft Lauderdale now......I transferred from Hawaii. How are you? I have been off for some time......busy with life., JW, Ft. Lauderdale
...
I've read most if not all of your musings since my RE email address was merged into your delivery list while all of my associates asked to be removed from that list saying it was hokey; I see it differently though .... what you are doing requires cajones (which isn't to say that a woman can't of course); not many people in this mortal coil would embark to manifest the disciplined approach to artistic expression which you have adopted; I recall reading your statement you weren't getting all responses and I know you didn't respond to my only email response; the one that said the only Zen you find a mountaintop is that which you bring, JM, Calgary
...
Hello again from the lonestar state ... amazing at is, President's Day (or Presidents Day) is not a working holiday for most. My daughter is in school, my wife is teaching at school....what is strange or amazing is that Martin Luther King Day was a working holiday for teachers and day off for students, but not President's Day??? How so, I ask ? ....shall I risk by suggesting that it is 'compromise' ? ... hmmm, I ponder. Good old Family Day .... bizarre holiday, but accepted by most Albertans. Speaking of compromise, yesterday was a sports disaster on TV .. unless you are a Nascar disciple and the Daytona 500 ruled all. Sports was thin, there was PGA golf (good for any Sunday nap), good old fishing, a late NBA All-star game, and NASCAR all afternoon ... so, I compromised and flipped channels between PGA golf and NASCAR .. I must admit, both of them equally had the sleep factor on me ... cars roaring around in circles reminded me of when I was a kid in the back seat of the car on road trips with the family .. impossible to stay awake. Golf, with the whispering of the commentators would put King Kong to sleep on any given day....so, I compromised...I slept through both, occasionally switching channels to see what could or would cause me to bolt to attention and sit at the edge of my recliner. The almost photo finish of the car race was excellent, and the 3 hole overtime in PGA golf was enough to do keep my attention. So, yes, there is compromise. My wife slept through all of it. But if she asked to watch a 'chick flick' instead and batted her beautiful eyes at me, I would have melted and compromised it all.....standard. Have a great Family Day, JT, Houston


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?