Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

Wednesday Jan. 17, 2007 – 81 at the shore

[written & published at Delta Hotel, Calgary International Airport]

-4C/26F, steady breeze, it snowed all night . . just stopped now . . brrrr; my walk [indoors because my coat is in my car in the parking structure], laps the length of the terminal on both levels revealed activity like an amusement park in preparation for the day’s patrons – floor washers, ‘slept in my clothes on a bench’ types and early risers jockeying for line-up spots between at 4:30AM were each available in quantity

snow overnight makes my ‘stay at the airport’ choice look good right now; I will be on time for a 6AM check in, the Delta stay was pleasant, room service was tasty; the gym downstairs was deserted as I rode the stationary bike to nowhere; my stop in Los Angelas will be cool (currently 42F) but Maui’s forecast is ‘mostly sunny with isolated showers, highs around 81 at the shore, east winds around 10 mph, chance of rain 20%’ is quite encouraging

Gusta is kenneled – she went wild arriving there yesterday; many thanks to everyone for their WARM wishes . .

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber

a beautiful day is beginning

I must go check in for my flight . . aloha

Mark
337,684
205.5

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?