Monday, January 29, 2007

 

Monday Jan. 29, 2007 - getting wet


[written & published at Kamaole Sands, Kihei, Maui]

Maui prediction today: partly sunny with scattered showers, breezy, highs 76-81, SW wind 15-25 mph with gusts to 50 mph, chance of rain 50%

revise chance of rain to 100%

wind, rain overnight, conflict of surging surf fights receding tide; earth/moon tug-o-war; the sky empty of clouds at 5:30AM; the feeling awesome, sights incredible, beginning my day on a dreamy high

I walked back from the Fairmont as clouds moved in, enveloping everything, wind and rain whipped at me (faint hearted tourists stayed inside . . missing this incredible feeling) of walking in the dark under the milky-way going out, coming back . . getting wet . . feeling so alive, so 'in the moment'

I watched whales put on a really big show . . perhaps they show off when hardly anyone is watching . . . . the photo (scroll down) was looking southward at the end of my walk this morning; I went out very early this morning – my thought to capture some pictures as light arrived but that did not work

a guy from Cleveland on the beach this morning – told me this was his last time – he flies home today; the pull of this experience is hard to let go of, so I didn’t mention that I have one more day

but, dreams end and we wake up to temper our wishes with reality, my hopes need to be reconciled with the reality that everyone else in the world is not aligned with my point of view, with my vision, with my dream

every good time has not been without its measure of difficulty, setbacks, obstacles and moments when all things appeared lost or impossible; on a bad day one might say 'no good dream goes unpunished'; on good days I see beautiful things, beautiful places, think beautiful thoughts; stormy weather brings more than the ocean spray splashing in my face - it can bring a healthy dose of reality with it

I am who I am, I offer nothing more . . and most days . . I offer nothing less; whether someone is a client, a reader, a family member, a friend, a lover . . all you get is me – real, flawed, a little nutty sometimes, passionate and feeling 110% alive - the extra 10% is not reality, not tangible – dreams, ones that come true once in a while, in all kinds of weather

what makes my dreams come true; is the impossible dream (insert music from Man of
La Mancha here) possible to achieve?

is it just in my head - or is it to be reality?

where is that dream living; do the feelings I experience here, walking these beaches, really have meaning or are they a romantic fantasy without substance, without foundation, without a chance?

a long while ago I had an experience of depression, impecuniousness and lacked the confidence to go forward; it didn’t last long - my drive returned, my spirits were lifted and good things began happening – and each year more good things happened

I am not a water baby . . but I think when people jump in the water - in the ocean, in a pool or into a situation - we cannot jump in without getting wet; I have many personal examples . . and have seen so many for others . . that jumping in, both feet - deep end of the pool - has a lot of merit; people get wet, but I think that is what jumping in is supposed t o mean

returning from my walk . . wet . . my impossible dream suddenly seems less real, more dream - maybe I should go back to bed . . try to get back into the dream

a splash of water in my face does not dampen my dreams unless I let it - or dampen my reality unless I let it; it refreshes, it startles, it provides an awakening

the weather changed in Maui this morning

I got wet

I like getting wet

how about you?

Aloha

Mark Kolke
337,396
205.8

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?