Monday, January 22, 2007

 

January 22, 2007 Responses


Beautifully written..been there and done that however you have captured in writing both the unique setting and the unsettling mood of being alone in paradise. I can identify with your feelings. I once read.. man does not attract that which he wants...they attract that which they are...enjoy Maui! , GP, Calgary
...
Good god - didn't know you would print that response! You never cease to surprise me. My dear (and you need not feel compelled to share this), today's column seemed to mark a change of sorts. Uncontrived. Until this morning it seemed as if you were sifting the sands for words out there by the beach, but this column appeared to write itself - and carried you along in the process. Maybe I responded as I did because something in this piece spoke to/of/or for me..."thinking of this as the home I haven't moved to yet." Exactly what I had until the developers raped Michigan. What it is I need to feel reconnected with my soul. Perhaps it is less important that I live someplace than that I anticipate doing so. Perhaps it is the same for relationships...I want to dream of what I will have, knowing that the dreaming has proved so much more vibrant than the living. You've arrived! Enjoy. Still wish I were there, CB, Calgary
...
Have a rum coconut juice for me! Have fun, JL, Calgary
...
Hi Mark, I am loving reading your musings each day...you long ago inspired me to begin my own blog. Thank you for this. I have changed my email.... I have created a new account XXXX Please forward onto me there..Thanks, DH, ?
...
Loved the self-portrait!!!, SA, Calgary
...
I also think of Maui as the home I haven't moved to yet. Came from California to Oahu, and hope to someday move to Maui. Loved the post, very lyrical. Your thoughts about "alone but not lonely" and "the thought will just have to do" speak to me. Thank you! :), S?, Oahu
...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?