Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Sunday Dec. 31, 2006 – revolution



-8/17, cloudy, calm – it seems warmer than that; Gusta feeling very frisky - walking later than usual produced many nearby-dog-encounters, enough at least to leave my shoulder feeling like my arm has been ripped out

my day started early as I got organized to start sending out some pictures of Gusta (ones Kim took yesterday) if you want to be added to my ‘Gusta pictures distribution list’, just send me a note . . if you want to connect with a photographer keen to build her business, Kim Pryhitko Photography .... kpryhitko@shaw.ca …. is someone you might want to connect with

to those who will party and celebrate tonight, happy New Year!

to those who spend time today reflecting on the year just past, don't spend too much time looking over your shoulder when the real action is just ahead of you

my knowledge of Spanish is very limited . . but there is a phrase that I really like – it is almost lyrical – for the term ‘last year’ . . il ano pasado

and this one - lo pasado, pasado - which means: let bygones be bygones

each day the earth makes one revolution; revolution, what a great word

this day is your/my/our opportunity to make a revolution, to start a revolution, to BE a revolution . . or to simply ride the planet unaffected; nothing in the world happens for a month or a year or a decade or a century - everything that happens, happens today - right now, in the moment - or it simply does not happen

if I don't make something happen today, then my best chance is to make it happen tomorrow, but then today will have been a wasted opportunity

this is a day like any other, 24 hours to make what I can of it; many people waste these chances, 7 days a week, knowing full well there will come a time when we run out of time; knowing there will come a time where we will lament all the things we wanted to do that somehow slipped away, the places we never went, the adventures we dreamt but never lived, the people we never got to know, the girls we never kissed . . etc . etc . .

I've never heard of anyone on a deathbed saying 'I did too much, I never missed a moment, I over-lived, I over-stayed, I got too much out of life'; instead I think we all know of those who lived long or short lives who lived lives of under-fulfillment, in-completeness, in-adequacy, dis-satisfaction - not everyone, not completely, but I think everyone grouses at least once a year (many do it much more often) and certainly on death-beds the regrets of missed opportunities, of failures to do the things we say we want so much to do, of losses in relationships where we made too little effort too often for too long -the regret of that which cannot be recovered, that which was lost and more significantly that which was never found

I resolved, and regularly remind myself, to not have that happen in my life

I strive, resolve, promise, and agree to NEVER lament missing out on anything in life, to NEVER complain that I went thirsty when life was there to be lapped up, to NEVER wish for friendship and love and caring that I did not get when there is so much of it all around me, to NEVER regret anything I have done or tried to do, to NEVER complain about my lot in life because it is the ONLY thing I can control, to NEVER complain about anyone else’s way of living their life because it is theirs to control - not mine, to NEVER lose sight of or lose touch with those who matter to me in 2006 (one day left), in 2007 and beyond

what do you resolve to do/not do? today? next year?

if you don't have 364 incredible days of 2006WOW already in the bag to look back upon, then perhaps it is appropriate to take a new approach for 2007, time to pursue the next 365¼ days with a little more zeal about extracting more nourishment from those moments ticking by

once a year our earth revolves around the sun; ancients believed we revolved around it because it was the centre of the universe (residents of Toronto should ignore this line because they already know they are at the centre of the universe) but now we know the universe is much larger

what do you revolve around?

are YOU (or someone/something very very very important to you) not the centre of YOUR own universe?

is it not time to start your revolution; to resolve to do something revolutionary, to be both observer and observed?

to all of 7,100+ of you, a happy healthy wish for a happy healthy revolution today and tomorrow

Mark
338,092

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?