Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Sunday Dec. 17, 2006 – help me up



-13C/8F, overcast, Chinook arch in view so milder temps are likely on the way for the next few days; our pre-dawn walk along the lagoon route was uneventful, we saw the Scottie owner who grunted something somewhat pleasant in response to ‘good morning’, Gusta’s silent tail wagging only inspired 2 Scotties barking which did not please their disciplinarian . . oh well

I have some deep need to tell you something, to tell something to everyone, or a decision to write every day, to comment on the human circumstance - I have been asked many times about the source of my daily inspiration; easy to answer but I wonder, what causes this need to spill on the page each day?

I want each word, each phrase, each sentence as it leaps to the screen from my keyboard to be not so much as opportunity for me to expound as it is to generate discussion of new ideas, to stimulate discussion on subjects that matter to many of us

some days, like this one, like the last few days . . . the joy is harder to come by, the words tougher to find

often as not, my mood, attitude and demeanor affect my writing; perhaps this is one of those days; my weekend has been anti-social - I turned aside three very kind invitations to spend some holiday-cheer time last night, opting instead to hang out with Gusta and get to bed early

not sure if I have something ailing heart or body, not sure if it is worth a doctor visit or just that I need more rest; this morning my back is a little sore, perhaps from over-sleeping, yet I feel like I could easily sleep another eight hours

some comfort in ‘four more sleeps’ till days begin to grow longer, nights shorter; four more sleeps till the dynamic of ‘each day is a little brighter’ will help us see more light, but that will not resolve dry skin, dry hair, brittle fingernails . . for that I need humidity, for that I need to be in a warm and moist place - further comfort in that one month from today I get on the plane bound for Maui . . a place of warmth, humidity, sand and sand-traps . .

some days, I get sore
some days, I just get a sore back
some days, I strike a chord with someone
some days, I spread a hug or a lift or a shift in viewpoint
some days, I feel better just for having written something
some days, I ring the clarity bell for me . . sometimes for others

its your turn: tell me what gets you up, what gets you down, what gets you up again

help me up

Mark
338,428

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?