Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

December 30 Responses – focus

Happy New Year Mark and thanks for the friendship for the past year. I look forward to it in the coming years as well. Gusta is beautiful. I am a cat-guy myself. This attachment is not a picture of my cat but reflects my "connection" to the species and my "concern" for it.., KC, Calgary
. . .
I spied this quote in a recent holiday email which was annoyingly forwarded to me by someone who always forwards annoying emails to me. This quote somehow struck a chord though, and I intend to live by it: “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!” Happy New Year, DC, Kelowna
. . .
Hiya, been a while but at times I feel compelled to write a few myself. This is one of those times. I feel it shows a person's strength when they realize that no everyone is going to 'take them' as they 'give themselves". It is all up to interpretation of course and what makes us all unique for sure. I read a paper once that claimed that all we needed to know in life, we learned in the sandbox. Wonder if that is accurate or not....at times I think yes, at others, I think no. Love being able to know I can change my mind and opinions often. It is our life's experiences, our education (in and out of educational institutes) and our mood at any particular time that makes us respond as we do. We can burn hot or cold on any given subject at any given time. Makes life interesting, n'est pas. When someone we admire and respect does not like something about us; yes, we tend to take it personally and wonder why they do not like or agree with us. If we did this at every occasion then we would certainly end up in dire straits (not the band!) It takes knowing ourselves very well to not take all this personally; perhaps, just perhaps, the other person is not correct or accurate in their thoughts and assumptions. As you said, we do not need to like the other person involved in this type of event, but we certainly need to like the person we look at in the mirror every day with all their imperfections and failings......they are great! In relationships with others, we at times find ourselves in love with a person but just not like them very much at specific times. It is the same with ourselves, we must give us what we need. We can love ourselves (and should) but at times, it is also OK not to like us very much. Like is temporary, love is eternal. I read a line the other day that I thought interesting, so I will take the opportunity to share it......if you already have read it, enjoy it again; if you have not, now is the time to read and reflect a tad. ....... "If it weren't for the obstacles, we'd never know whether we really want something or merely think we do". Thanks for all the thought-provoking musings Mark, I enjoy them all. Not that I agree with them all (grin) but I do enjoy reading them, they make me think and that's a good thing (isn't it?) Smiling here. Have a super great day and for that matter.......a super great year ahead., D?, Lacombe
. . .
Hallo Mark,,thanks for e-mails, thanks and all the best in 2007 ,,,,,, MK, Vancouver
. . .
Hi Mark ... Just want to say Happy New Year and hope you have a 'lucky' 2007. You are starting the year off perfect in my eyes ... traveling to Maui . Lucky guy !! CCC, Calgary
. . .
I hope you weren’t referring to me in your musings because I certainly didn’t mean to do it, if I did. Now that didn’t make sense I am sure. I just it might be me because I seem to causing trouble and upsetting people this week. I don’t know how but it’s happening. I prefer to be in control of my insulting behavior when I am doing it. I do believe that I can go about in this world being oblivious to reactions I am causing. I am trying to be more mindful. I really like that CD (Josh Groban). Its not something I would have bought for myself. I thank you for opening that door, DB, Red Deer

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?