Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Wednesday Nov. 29, 2006 – people watching



-24C/-12F (wind chill –34C/-29F), clear and very cold with predicted warming today and tomorrow Gusta running hard this morning as we walked just after the sun cleared the horizon - beautiful; humidity (or should I say lack of it) is driving me a nuts

making a great connection was no doubt the objective, but I wondered at first if the room was full of people afraid of what they had come there for

meeting someone with whom they could have had a stimulating conversation would have, I thought, been the ideal but many of the folks there acted like they would have been more comfortable sitting at home on a pin cushion rather than doing so in public for everyone to see

people watching is fun, given many people are so reserved that one has no idea what they are thinking; perhaps their fear is that there are people watching

lightning did not strike me but I think I introduced two people folks who, I think, made an interesting connection; nice people to watch

the occasion was when a very hardy bunch braved a wind-chill of -40 last night to attend a singles meet & greet party billed as '45 men and 45 women over 45'; I think they were quite a few short of that number, but it was interesting, scanning the room with a large portion of the folks hugging the perimeter of the room with their backs to the wall, speaking only when spoken to - reminiscent of pre-teen behaviour

I watch people a lot

it intrigues me

I learn a lot about them when I do

I often learn as much or more about myself

look around, you will see that almost always, there are people watching

Mark
338,860

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?