Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Wednesday Nov. 22, 2006 – breakfast anyone?



-13C/9F, overcast and calm, a few snowflakes floating around, cold air has slipped down from the north; eyes watered as we trotted around the lagoon, bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr

great lunch with GT yesterday, dinner with SB & lunch today with JJ; great opportunities to eat well and no requirement to cook – feeling decadent; you see, I’ve never missed a meal, met a sandwich I didn’t like or slept out in the cold, never had a shortage of clothes in my closet

if you found a magic bottle with a genie who would grant you four wishes – three for the world and one for yourself, what would they be?

I am probably average for a Canadian, but by world standards I feel colossally fortunate living in a land of such richness, such excess

the volume of our individual waste daily could probably sustain a family in many countries

I have a perverse sounding event to attend this morning

today is National Affordable Housing Day – I have been invited to attend a National Affordable Housing Day Breakfast – which, if I have any understanding at all of the homeless, low income and ‘hard to house’ population, reality for those folks is most likely having nothing close to adequate to eat for breakfast; it will be interesting to see what is in store for us at the Roundup Centre, one of this city’s finest function venues . . . my invite says the breakfast is complementary – seems so inappropriate - I think if they served tap water & dry toast made with old bread it might be more fitting for such an auspicious day and subject matter

if I found a magic bottle with a genie who would grant me four wishes, three for the world and one for myself, I would wish for a meal in every belly on this planet and a safe place for everyone to sleep at night; I would wish for the de-invention of gunpowder and I would wish for a really smooth golf swing

if you found a magic bottle with a genie who would grant you four wishes – three for the world and one for yourself, what would they be?

I must go to a breakfast about people who don’t have breakfast

Mark
339,028

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?