Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Tuesday Nov. 14, 2006 – our solution

-9C/15F, crispy clear fresh, chilly air feels good in the lungs

in recent days I’ve been nicked by the odd piece of flying fruit, the odd piece of mud & a general dousing of bile

speaking out, throwing barbs – some aimed straight, some just tossed for tossing sake – that’s how some folks play it

I wonder how that feels?

sitting silently on the sidelines of life is how some folks like to play it - watching the world go by, having a point of view, but never expressing it or defending it

I don't mean by the mindless fruit tossers or by the uninvolved; I mean the articulate, the schooled & I mean the unschooled plainspoken too, the man on the street or the one down the alley

everyone has a point of view; I don't like it so much when it is contrary to my own - especially when mine might be due for an overhaul - but I like it anyway, at least in principle

but why is it that some folks take shots just to show they are mean spirited & loud?

if we live in a free country, is it not a good thing to speak your mind & to respect your neighbour for speaking his or hers?

why then, must stating a contrary point of view have to be preceded by an attack in some form?

why can’t someone just say . . ‘hey, I disagree with you . . here is my point of view’ rather than lashing out with venom at someone who stated their views

I like this country Canada; we are such a mix of crazy folks – each so different than each other it would be so improbable that we could ever get people so lined up on opposite sides of a single issue that we could effectively battle each other, except of course that ‘little issue’ of Canada + Quebec vis-à-vis Canada including Quebec

our solution to national unity has always been Grey Cup, but maybe its time we relied on more than a football game

maybe its time we started listening to each other more & throwing less fruit

Mark
339,220
. . .

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?