Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Nov. 24 Comments – grab a hammer


I have my hammer in hand. What is the point again? Is it all so linear? Those who, through fortune, hard work, dirty tricks or sheer mystery have the means and take the time to come to a breakfast to hear how they CAN financially help the homeless should suffer the fate of the homeless for breakfast? Pitiful! Maybe there are a few freeloaders and political wannabe fat cats attending. Otherwise, people who have hard-earned respect and even harder-earned dollars -- dollars and a desire to contribute, set elegantly on the breakfast table by the fact that they are attending -- should be served whatever they damned well want for breakfast. Or, as I clean up puppypoop, do I sense that there were no homeless there and there was no real help there, just really smart political and gladhandling pooples marking territory? Wow!, VJP, De Winton
. . .
hello mark..........i braved -20c for my walk this morning, with the sun just rising it was great, i felt very fortunate to be out there experiencing it, my adventure continues as the temperature drops!............the housing issue u tackled this week is a huge and delicate one, believe me, having lived in africa all my life, i know!...yes, i also know canada is not africa.........u are right though when u say that most problems are caused by people themselves..........my experience, in general, has been that the homeless, low income bracket u refer to are partly that way because of their own inability to want or try to solve their own problems, had they been invited to the breakfast u attended, the chances are that they would have been there for just that, the free breakfast!..............ie. the more they are given the more they expect,...... and yes i know u will shoot me down on that, but in brief, the solution i would offer would be for a flag ship low cost housing complex to be funded by the organizations involved, the tenants thereof to be vetted not just for their situation but for their skills ...ie. that they be given the opportunity as a group to improve themselves by caring for their homes, their surroundings and each other, the earners to work with the unemployed on a barter system etc etc ....well i could go on and on because it is a subject i have given a lot of thought to in the past .........my hammer for today!......, CG, Morningside
. . .
RE: the day after NAHD

Mark, I was out of the office the last couple of days and missed your musings about the homeless breakfast. I'd be interested in seeing it, if you could re-send please. I was scheduled to go to that as well, but something else came up and couldn't make it. Too bad. Would have liked to touch base with you. We should meet sometime to talk about things, KM, Calgary
. . .
Mark, I truly appreciate receiving your musings and some days we agree and some days we don't. My partner attended the same event you talk about in this edition, and she was telling me about it. Without having been there my reaction mirrored yours. Keep up the good work, DW, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark , thanks for the blog, is there any way that I can help you with your endeavors to help the homeless. I currently volunteer with the Seed, and I am looking to solve the problem or at least address the situation on the subject of the homeless, DD, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?