Friday, November 17, 2006

 

Friday Nov. 17, 2006 – great anticipation



-2C/29F, sunny & calm; a walk in the woods this morning for the first time in a week required Gusta to visit to every spot that ever had a smell – visiting every critter without actually seeing them; we saw the primped Scottie & its nose in the air owner who seemed quite miffed the my dog wanted to sniff her dog – the dogs seemed quite agreeable – oh well, not everyone knows how to smile & say good morning

I had several emails wondering where their musings were over the past few days – it seems that my list-service provider had a glitch . . to catch up, go to the blogs http://markismusing.blogspot.com & http://markismusing.blog-city.com

I am so glad readers anticipate receiving a daily musing broadcast, that they call or write when they don’t receive it, often accompanied by an ‘are you OK?’ in anticipation that something might be wrong or some mishap might have occurred to me . . nice that people show concern

ever get worked up about something when someone does not do what they said they would do, or respond when they said they would, or they turn the tables on us?

I know I don’t react well to this

I do better now than I used to, but it rankles almost every time

recent experiences are teaching me to relax more, to anticipate less

anticipation seems to be my little demon

I have an expectation; not so much that things have to be ‘my way’ but it really helps when the results are somewhat close to what I anticipated the result might be?

yes, I know, my ability to control 1 sweet thing is zero, but 55 yrs. of learning cannot be reversed overnight – or maybe it can – but I wrestle with this one

when things don’t go my way – or go your way – so often it is not that the result was good, bad or problematic – just that it was different than our expectation

I’ve been learning on this one ; it seems I get less rattled when things go in a different direction than I anticipated (NOT ‘going with the flow’) as I learn so often it has nothing to do with me or anything I have done

anticipation is, for many, tied to the expectation of an experience; when the experience takes a different turn for better or worse, do we get twisted because of the experience or because the anticipated result is different than our expectation?

2 months from today I will be winging to Maui; weather there today - mostly sunny in the morning, then partly cloudy with isolated showers in the afternoon. Highs 79 to 84. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%

I am anticipating - Maui countdown continues - tic toc

Mark
339,148

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?