Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Tuesday Oct. 31, 2006 - runway runaway

-11C/13F, clear & calm, Gusta trying to get her sea legs navigating choppy parking lot, sidewalk & roadway ice; lagoon still frozen

to answer to SB’s query, yes I have run away from things – but – when we have not dealt with what we are running from, the running is circular, spiral & downward – returning us usually to where we started only more frustrated, more confused & more at a loss than ever before

now, running TO something, toward something; running for ourselves – not for others, running on full or empty but running toward a goal, albeit a humble one, truly gets us somewhere; I prefer a runway runaway experience – it gets me to that paradise, thinking about it I can go there anytime I want, like right now; no tricks, what a treat

several body parts are involved in running away or returning to start over: backbone, funny bone, some brain cells, a comfy belly & a big pile of nerve

some people ask my why I have such a strong desire to revisit Maui for my runway runaway instead of trying somewhere else

some people are the real deal while some just flash or flirt with the idea; which are you?

my answer is more than beaches, golf courses & tropical delights + Maui weather today: Partly cloudy. Highs 80F to 85F. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph; Maui weather tonight: Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 61 to 67. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%; OK . . look outside; tell me where you would rather be

I had a great sleep; I’ve done 3 hours of work already but scarcely made a dint, haven’t read a paper yet & cleaners (they just love 2 weeks of Gusta shedding to clean up) arrive at 9 so this written in pieces

OK . . cleaners arrived .. gotta go now

trick or treat!

Mark
339,556

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?